My name is Matthew Parker Indiana, motivational speaker. People often ask me, “How do we become successful motivational speakers?” Some of them want me to explain how they can go about it. I find myself giving them random answers, which I think aren’t comprehensive enough for those who want to be successful motivational speakers. Because of this, I have thought it wise to pull all the answers and write them down in this blog post.
1. You must have information that is extremely important to share with people to change their lives for the better.Write a funny, yet thrilling, speech about that information.
2. Make sure the speech is unique, interesting and different from other speeches out there.
3.Don’t rush it – just wait until it is ready.
4. When it is ready, first present it to other professionals for critiquing. From here, they will advise you on how to improve its content and delivery style and tell you what will work and what might not.
5. Don’t rely on your friends to critique your work. They like and respect you, so they may fail to tell you the truth about your speech. Oftentimes, most of them don’t know anything about motivational speeches.
6. Once the speech has been fine tuned, give your friends and other appropriate groups some copies for free. This is one way of knowing from experience what is working.
7. Shoot several videos of presentation sessions. Make sure they are of good quality, and then hire a professional editor to edit your work. All these professionals must know what meeting planners are interested in.
8. You need to go online if you want to compete with other professional motivational speakers. Build a professional website and post high quality video clips of you presenting your speeches at different sessions.
9. Plan on marketing yourself and your videos to speaker bureaus and meeting planners.
10. These people have solid connections all over the world. They can make you look like a rock star if they decide to recommend you.
These are some of the few steps Matthew Parker Indiana followed towards becoming a successful motivational speaker. Good luck on your own journey!